Mysore space is open Monday-Friday & Sunday
Membership options detailed below
We welcome Ashtangis at the Monona Yoga Center!
Are you ready to deepen your practice?
Ashtanga is known as the Original Vinyasa. A traditional method of yoga, the intelligent sequencing of Ashtanga will transform both body and mind.
Mysore is the traditional method of a yoga practice, where students make their way through the series of postures while the teacher works with students individually. This method allows for students to dive deep into their practice, explore and break through limitations, and experience total mind-body transformation. This method also encourages a close teacher-student relationship.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday Mysore with Kat 5:30-7am
Doors Open at 5:30 AM.
Students must pre-register for class by 7:30 PM the evening prior.
Tuesday Self Practice - No Teacher
Thursday 5:35-6:50 am Led Practice
Practice to a recording of Led Primary by Sharath Jois.
Sundays 9:00 - 10:30
Led Ashtanga with Kat
This is one of our favorite classes of the week! When all the Ashtangis join for
a Led Practice.
Out of town guests welcome!
If you are traveling through the Madison Area and have an established Mysore Practice, please join us!
Email Kat at: for details
Practice and all is coming!
No Practice on New Moon or Full Moon
Friday 10th – full
Friday 24th – new
Sunday 9th- full
Sunday 23rd -new
Monday 9th -full
Tuesday 24th – new
Tuesday 7th – full
Wednesday 22nd – new
Thursday 7th – full
Friday 22nd – new
Friday 5th – full
Saturday 21st- new
Saturday 4th – full
Monday 20th- new
Monday 3rd – full
Tuesday 18th- new
Wednesday 2nd – full
Thursday 17th – new
Thursday 1st – full
Friday 16th – new
Saturday 14th – new
Monday 30th – full
Monday 14th – new
Tuesday 29th – full
You are welcome at Monona Yoga Center!
• You must have an established Mysore practice, or prior approval by the director of Monona Yoga before attending Mysore.
• On your first day of practice at MYC please practice the primary series.
• Please respect and follow the traditional Ashtanga method as taught by the Ashtanga Yoga Institute and MYC. Please do not add, skip or in other ways deviate from the traditional Ashtanga sequence of yoga asanas unless you have exceptional circumstances or have been directed by your teacher to do so.
• Please take Sivasana with your feet towards the window, and your head towards the altar.
• Practice with care and consideration towards yourself and others. Please stay on your own mat and refrain from directing or assisting other practitioners, unless you have a prior agreement with them.
• Respect your limits. Acknowledge that your body and mind will feel different every day; listen to what your body tells you and practice in your own time following your own breath.
• Please refrain from unnecessary talking.
• Refrain from eating at least 2 hours prior to and 30 minutes after your practice. Drink plenty of water or coconut water after your practice.
• Personal hygiene is an integral part of practicing yoga. Please ensure that you and your gear are clean.
Check back regularly for new events and announcements on the Ashtanga program at MYC!